Today R-BEST will give you a brief introduction to the carbon steel knowledge of fastener raw materials, and I hope it will be helpful to you.
Carbon steel is an iron-carbon alloy with a carbon content Wc of less than 2.11%. Also called carbon steel. Generally, it also contains a small amount of silicon, manganese, sulfur, and phosphorus. Generally, the higher the carbon content of carbon steel, the greater the hardness and the higher the strength, but the lower the plasticity.
(1) Carbon steel can be divided into three categories: carbon structural steel, carbon tool steel and free-cutting structural steel according to its purpose. Carbon structural steel is further divided into engineering construction steel and machine-manufactured structural steel;
(2) According to the smelting method, it can be divided into open hearth steel and converter steel;
(3) According to the deoxidation method, it can be divided into boiling steel (F), killed steel (Z), semi-killed steel (b) and special killed steel (TZ);
(4) Carbon steel can be divided into low carbon steel (WC ≤ 0.25%), medium carbon steel (WC0.25%—0.6%) and high carbon steel (WC>0.6%) according to the carbon content;
(5) According to the quality of steel, carbon steel can be divided into ordinary carbon steel (higher phosphorus and sulfur), high-quality carbon steel (lower phosphorus and sulfur) and high-quality high-quality steel (lower phosphorus and sulfur). ) And super high-quality steel.
Click below for specific product information: Carbon Steel Rivet Nut.